- This event has passed.
BRY Youth Triathlon!
August 13 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Blair Regional YMCA Youth Triathlon is open to children 6-15. No experience is necessary. This is a fantastic opportunity for your child to participate in an enjoyable athletic event that promotes a healthy lifestyle, provides a chance to meet new friends and build self confidence. The courses and distances will be achievable for all athletes, promoting a philosophy of completion rather than competition. The focus of the event is not on finish times, placing or rankings; rather a sense of accomplishment. Each child will receive a medal for crossing the finish line. The race will be broken down into 4 waves, with different heats per wave. Heats will be determined at registration close. Racers will be separated into their waves based on age.
– Bicycle (pre-race safety check on race day)
– Swim suit
– Swim cap (will be provided on race day)
– Running shoes
– T-shirt (to wear for bike & run portion)
– Race Number (provided, must pin to shirt)
– Water bottle (there will be water stations)
– Shorts (to wear for bike & run portion)
– Blanket/Towel (for transition area)